Wednesday, October 20, 2010
Babysitting & Bumps & Honeysuckle
Babysitting. Lots and lots of babysitting.
Monday from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm (Paige, Maggie, William & 'Sizie' - really good, fun, imaginative kids!)
Tuesday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm (Beckett's day changed because of the Federal holiday)
Tuesday through Friday from 7:25 am to 8:00ish am (Will & John - easy and fun and earrrrrly)
Monday from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm (Becks!)
Tuesday from 9:45 am to 1:00 pm (Adelaide!) & 6:30 pm to 9:30 pm (Benjamin!)
Thursday from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm (Drew & Evelyn - two cutie pies)
And I've turned people down. Mainly because I had other plans set already. But also because it's tiring. For me it really is. I think it's partly because:
1. Babysitting different kids from different families is so interesting. I'm trying to learn how each child is. And they certainly are all wonderfully different! :)
2. It's humbling, which is easy to ask for, but hard to realize. Seeing my pride hurts. Kinda like growing pains - hopefully.
3. It's difficult, because I really do want my own children some day (which means the hubby first, naturally).
But it truly is the LORD's provision for me through His people (all families from my church). It's sweet to know that they trust me with their children. It's sweet to get to know their children. It is overall FUN. So it's worth being tired over.
Funny thing is, I eat better at houses where I babysit!
Just this week
Monday lunch - Butternut Squash Soup and Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Tuesday lunch - Carnita Burrito Bowl from CHIPOLTLE(!) and I was sent home with frozen brisket chili (YUM!).
Tuesday dinner - short ribs and baked potato
1. God is in control of my life. Even when there are big bumps ahead, He is leading me home. :) And I can trust His leading implicitly, because I trust in His Word.
2. Stop and smell the honeysuckle.
Oh and PS: I had a phone interview for a job today!! :)