Saturday, March 26, 2011

ALL-ER-GEEZ


Photo Source (via google images search)

I'm spending a perfectly lovely (although unseasonably cold) day stuck indoors. Why, you may ask? Because of cherry blossoms. Beautiful, fleeting, symbol-of-international-relations cherry blossoms.

I have lived in DC for 5 years now and every single year, without fail, my allergies go WILD when the cherry blossoms bloom. The thought of getting near the Tidal Basin causes me to recoil in ... pain? fear? not really sure, but it is the last place I want to be.

I read a really funny post from Jon Acuff of Stuff Christians Like on why God created allergies, and did it ever hit home! Isn't if funny how nice it is to have someone else understand how you feel? Vindication, in a way.

I think my favorite is that bees need pollen - "God created allergies because honey is so fantastic." I mean, I do love me some honey!

So I'm stuck inside with my netti pot; blowing my nose and watching movies. I've read some pretty good blog posts today:

'That's Odd': On Bias Against Single Pastors, which led me to this - Love's Permanence.

From the former: "The resurrection will change our thinking in many ways. Human identity as married or single is most certainly one of them."

And the latter: "When Christians love each other like this, that love is heaven on earth. How wonderful to realize what love’s permanence means. All Christian love between Christians will endure forever."

Then, A Love Story which is by a friend of a friend. And it's awesome.

"It is by faith from first to last, and following a list of rules or trying to “wear Saul’s armor” when you’re David the shepherd boy—dishonors God and is not of faith (thus it is sin)."

And I re-read this post from yesterday - What are we - tadpoles or tumblers?

In summary: 2 Timothy 2:7 Think over what I say, for the Lord will give you understanding in everything. - If we think/meditate on God's word, then by His Holy Spirit He promises to give us understanding.

Well, guess I'll get back to my day stuck indoors. Hope you are having a wonderful day, wherever you are and whatever you are doing! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment