Monday, April 4, 2011

Morning by morning/New mercies I see

Morning by morning

New mercies I see

I often start out my prayers thanking God for His new mercies, the ones that come from His endless supply. Asking for the grace to accept them humbly, knowing that I have done nothing to deserve them. This morning I prayed about the same, and was just struck by it so powerfully. The Lord has given me new mercies even this morning. How amazing is it that He has such an endless, rich supply, and every morning He gives them to me? He is not like us (thank goodness), He is not limited as to what He can do for others. He opens up His storehouse and lavishly gives. Every single morning. Without fail. I started to feel like a kid on Christmas morning, you know that moment, right as your about to run to the the tree. Except these gifts are different. They are not toys that will break or clothes that I will grow out of. These gifts are renewed every day, and carry with them the luminous splendor that only a gift straight from God can hold. They are some of the most amazing gifts I will ever receive. Like manna:

Exodus 16

14And when the dew had gone up, there was on the face of the wilderness a fine, flake-like thing, fine as frost on the ground.

31Now the house of Israel called its name manna. It was like coriander seed, white, and the taste of it was like wafers made with honey.

New. Every single morning. Without fail. Without hesitation. Not as a reward, but a free gift. Because He loves me, and loves to provide for me. Because I am His child.

Lamentations 3

21But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:

22The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
23they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
24"The LORD is my portion," says my soul,
"therefore I will hope in him."

No comments:

Post a Comment