Saturday, July 9, 2011

Short and Sweet Saturday - Looked Upon


Image source: Google images search for cupcake. (random pic chosen, because cupcakes are short and sweet, get it? And this one is extra cute. Carry on.)

Goodness, I write long blog posts. My thanks to anyone who actually sits and reads them all the way through. Would really like to learn how to write my feelings in a more concise way. Seriously, I know how to tell a short story long.

Today, I just want to share a few great blog posts that I've come upon lately:

*Do you realize? by Ray Ortland.

I had been listening to "The Prodigal" (posted last night), and thinking about how God loves us - weak and sinful as we are. It really is amazing that He would want us for His own. How He fights for us. How He forgives us through His son. Ortland's blog post is a quote from John White, and beautifully details our serious condition before/without Christ.

Which made me think of the song "All I Have is Christ." The lyrics say "You looked upon my helpless state/and lead me to the cross." What a truly helpless state that is. Love it that the name of the album is "Looked Upon." :)

Hint: the Giver gets the Glory. A compilation of some of his latest tweets. Seriously, go read it.


This is the first of a 4 part series. He asks: are you a fake, foul, or faithful friend? All 4 parts are posted on his blog.


The man who wrote "Humility: True Greatness" displays it beautifully here. Please pray for him, his family, and his ministry.


Made me stop and think. Is my relationship with Christ causing me to a) love God, and in turn b) love others? If I fall into the trap of thinking that my earthly relationships are about my perceived need of love and affirmation, then what am I saying about my relationship with Christ? It's funny how we define our needs, and if we hold those definitions up to scripture - well, they do indeed crumble.

Have a grrrrrreat weekend!

Mandi

No comments:

Post a Comment